Project: Website Redux - Warehouse1
What began as a slow-motion fresh start for Warehouse 1's ecommerce marketing in January 2016 has morphed into a full-on partnership with Petroglyph Creative to deliver expert-level creativity and functionality with top-of-the-industry solutions for performance, design, and conversions. Joining together with InFlow and a terrific project manager, we delivered improvement after incremental improvement to both a WordPress website and an ExpressionEngine CartThrob e-commerce site. Most notably, we provided a complete redesign and re-skin of both sites, united on Foundation Sites, for the first time.
In transforming the look and feel to wh1.com to something completely modern, functional, and mobile-first, we used a strong existing site and re-coded the front-end using Foundation Sites with GULP preprocessing for performance and organization as well as speed. We cleaned out 7 years of code debt to return a website that both dazzles AND gets out of the way of your business there. Now, as WH1 goes forward with their new look and feel, the ability to add new interactive and design features that get along will be enhanced and accelerated, as will the website's performance with the new, existing features.
Some of the many improvements made to this website:
- Mobile-first layout (better than just Responsive)
- Streamlined Shopping Cart and Checkout
- Improved Shopping UX - faster product drilldowns
- Klevu Search implementation
- WordPress Performance improvements
- Improved Lead Generation tools
- Implementation of Foundation Sites for interactive features that get along.
- Asynchronous jQuery (AJAX)
- GIT version control
- Foundation Sites by ZURB
- ExpressionEngine CMS by Ellislab
- Klevu Search by Klevu
- WordPress by Automattic
- GULP JS preprocessor
- InFlow and our project manager for their endless list of improvements
- .. all the unsung heroes of the open source projects that we take from daily!